Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 26: Persevering in the face of Tired


Holy mother of god, I am tired.  I was up until about 3 AM last night and woke up at 7:30 AM for work. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Then busted tail during the first OSU game, leaving me in a nearly comatose state at the end of my shift.  But I had not worked out yet.  So I schlepped home to Brooklyn and made dinner immediately, so that I would not be eating after 7 PM (to continue my routine).  Watched a little Supernatural.  But still, I had not worked out.  And all the while with these words in mind: "Never miss two days in a row."

Yesterday was my rest day.  If I didn't work out today...DUN DUN DUN.  But it's okay, because I JUST DID. And as a result, sitting here, sweaty, feeling like a badass.  Not only did I work out after a long work day and running on little sleep, I cranked out 25 push ups. 2. 5. TWENTY FIVE.

All it took was a little David Guetta and some will power.

My circuit:
  • 5 push up
  • 20 lunges (10 per leg)
  • 30 sec plank
  • 30 jumping jacks


I completed four circuits and then squeezed in the last five push ups right before my 15 was up.  So now I'm even more tired, but now I'm tired AND accomplished.

Alright.  Working the next three days in row, and tomorrow evening the new kitty arrives.  Bed NOW. -passes out-

Yes, I'm aware that it's barely 9 PM. 'Night kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment