Thursday, September 27, 2012

Days 3 & 4

Whew, first day off (kind of; I work at the bar tonight) since I started filming on the feature, which, by the way, is just completely fucking awesome, educational, exhausting, and inspiring to be a part of. I cannot emphasize how lucky I feel.

So at the end of each day of filming, I was completely exhausted on every level.  It's funny how even though for the actors there is a lot of standing around and waiting, you're operating on such an intense level of focus and mental preparedness that when you're done you're just utterly spent. That's how it felt to me, anyway.  I got home each night, attempted writing and updating things (like this blog) and found that even my hands felt heavy with exhaustion. But, because I am a badass, I still managed to stay on track with the 6WC diet and work out regimen.

Yesterday I got up 5AM; got in a simple work out. I had gotten a full 8 hours sleep, but had no energy it seemed.
Warm up (50 jumping jacks, leg swings).
Flat leg raise: 10-10-10-10
Assisted Pull Up w chair: 6-8-8-8
Push Up: 6-7-7-6

Did this in circuit form.

We were released early again yesterday because we had to move out of the location by 8PM, so I ended up home by like 5 PM.

I have been staying on diet really well, even managing to stay within my 8 hour eating window.  With the exception of last night. Because of the shooting schedule, I didn't eat quite enough in the window, so I was hungry when I got home. Ate not only the leftover asparagus, but also half a jar of almond butter with half a bag of baby carrots. So basically, I just need to make sure I eat enough during my 8 hours to avoid stuffing my face before bed  (I've never had an issue with this, it was a result of the shooting schedule: breakfast at 6:30 AM, lunch at 1 PM with a little snacking on almonds/cashews between just didn't cut it).

And I've been managing to log all my meals, which I'm proud of, because it's tedious shit, hahah.

(Tuesday was a long day on set, all of my primary dialogue scenes were shot and went well, I felt.  I did not feel quite as "on" as I would have liked, but I can't do anything about that now.  I just know for future reference that it takes two nights sleep to recover from a night with almost no sleep, at least in terms of how I feel mentally (alertness, etc).  One of the actors and I were released slightly early (6 PM instead of 8 PM) and so I went home and was asleep by like 8:30 PM.  So yesterday I was operating on a full night's sleep, but was still feeling effects of the two nights of very little sleep Sunday/Monday).

Haven't worked out yet today; I may add a run in, not sure what I feel like doing yet.

Oh, and in terms of my goals; I realized that with the shooting schedule and how tired it left me, writing for 25 minutes straight was not happening. So I'm editing my goal to just Writing Every Day.  It can be for five minutes, I just have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment