Saturday, September 15, 2012

DAY 40!

Guys! Day forty! Holy crap.  Yesterday (Day 39, obvs) was a rest day and I ate more than a few pieces of dark chocolate and many roasted and salted almonds...Mmmmm almonds. Also, I went out and bought almond milk. I just can't do black coffee anymore. I just won't.  It's gross. Well, not gross, but even with a splash of almond milk it is so much more delicious. There is natural sugar in it, but in the servings I consume probably a gram or less, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I've found that if my sugar intake is really low (under 25 grams) for the whole day, I don't suffer the crash and the cravings aren't as intense. Whoo! Take that, sugar.  Also, I'm going to switch to agave syrup as a natural sweetener. I will use less because A) expensive B) it takes a lot of it to get the amount of sweet I crave, so I will be forced to cut back for the sake of my bank account. And again, the natural sugar count is very low.

Instead of one of my normal circuit workouts; today I went to the park and HOLY SHIT it's so nice out.  I figured, screw it, let's a run a little. I felt like a frisky baby horse, out for a frolic.  And frolic I did! Warmed up in the usual manner, stretched a little, then took off at a decent pace.

Guys.  I didn't want to die within four minutes. I felt great, I felt strong. I didn't want to test my mile or anything, but I did want to make the work out a little harder, so I took five interval breaks roughly evenly spaced out for five burpees; a total of twenty-five burpees over the course of a 17 minute mile (with like five short walking breaks).  Nothing crazy, but I feel SO much more confident about my ability to run a 5k soon. I also took it easy to make sure my left knee was in fighting shape, and I'm happy to report that it felt great the whole time.

YAY. And.  I'm going to see one of my favorite bands of all time tonight; AND it will be my first punk show in like four years (the last time I saw said band; the Street Dogs). AND they're playing with the Koffin Kats, who I found out, are AWESOME.

Today rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment