Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DAY 37 (and 36)

So it hit me yesterday that I start filming in 13 days.  Two weeks. I've come a long way since I started this thing, but it also feels like time just disappeared and I don't feel as far along as I would like.

But that's okay!  I just decided that for the next 13 days I am really going to buckle down and focus.  That means:

-Mandatory 8 hours of sleep per night unless it is absolutely unavoidable that I stay up late/get up early (this Thursday I will be working until midnightish, probably get home around 1:30-2 AM, and then have to be up around 8 or 9 AM Friday).

-Diet:  So my cheat day on Sunday definitely had consequences that I did not consider.  Primarily that that the sugar I consumed fucked with my body for the next two days and yesterday, even though I was physically rested; I was sleepy, irritable and couldn't focus. And also ate french fries to make myself feel better.   Not that fries are the absolute worst, but I'd always been able to work around such cravings before, and I gave in this time. But that's okay! I'm not going to beat myself up about it, rather, I'm just going to focus on what I want to accomplish over the next two weeks.

I am going to tighten up my eating window to 8 hours.  So on days that I work the bar from 11-8, I will be eating at around 930 AM, 1 PM and 530 PM.  Yesterday for example, I had breakfast at about 8 AM, so I had lunch at noon and dinner at 3:30 PM. It seemed to work great, as I wasn't hungry the rest of the day.  Also, I've kind of already been doing this by never eating after 7 PM, I'm just tightening the parameters a bit.

I feel great about how my body is looking and feeling. I could stop now, honestly, and still feel damn good, but I would know that I had settled for "good enough."  So I'm going to stay on track for the remainder of the shoot, so that when I get my head shots redone in a month, I can really be proud of my discipline.  And I will have proved to myself that I can do it.

Today is a rest day. Yesterday the workout consisted of:

Warm up: 50 Jumping jacks, 5 push ups, leg swings.

Workout was four circuits of:
20 Bodyweight squats
30 sec Superman
30 sec wall sit
3 burpee
10 dumbbell rows

I think I must not have stretched enough either, because my left leg is sore as hell. BOO. MOAR STRETCHING NEXT TIME.

Alright, let's do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment