Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sprinting; Green Things

So for the workout today I took it to the park so I could get some sprinting in.

I did my 15 minute circuit; doing only burpees, Sidermans/mountain-climbers and Supermans. I did one set of each, then immediately went into the next set.

Looked like this:

Burpee (5)
Spiderman (8)
Superman (30 sec)

Burpee (5)
Spiderman (8)
Superman (30 sec)

Burpee (5)
Spiderman (8)
Superman (30 sec)

Burpee (5)
Spiderman (8)
Superman (30 sec)
Burpee (5)

That extra set of burpees were brutal, but I'm glad I squeezed them in (finishing around 14:35).

Then I walked around for a bit to catch my breath, then started sprints. I picked a fairly short distance (.08 mile/129 meters)(I guess? Is that short for sprinting? I really don't know, but it's working for me so far).
My times:
27
26
24
23.6

I hadn't sprinted in a while, so the first two were really warm ups and then I pushed myself to 90% energy for the second two.  I feel good about them, but I don't want to push myself too hard and hurt myself, obviously.

Then I came home, went to the grocery store and bought half the vegetables section.  Took that shit home, chopped the crap out of everything, cooked a ton of chicken and BAM now I'm prepared for the next couple of days.  I know the key to not eating crap is to be PREPARED which has always been a challenge for me.  I am determined not to let poor planning get the best of me.

So say we all!

-C


No comments:

Post a Comment