Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This is my blog...

There are many like it, but this one is mine. My blog is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My blog, without me, is useless. Without my blog, I am useless. I must write my blog truthfully...*

Alright, "useless" is a bit of an exaggeration, but I have discovered that when I do not write my other creative expressions suffer. Similarly, when I do not draw, my writing suffers, when I do not act, my drawing suffers, etc...

So I have created a new blog for myself in the hopes that I can discipline myself into writing regularly, that I may stretch my creative muscles to prevent them atrophying.
I will use this space to share my poetry, prose, opinions and information I find interesting/useful, etc.

I am an actor, and artist, and sometime writer. Since graduating in Spring '10 from my conservatory, I have been rapidly and drastically evolving into the person I always thought I could be. It is a difficult and yet fulfilling journey and I look forward to my further development, as a person and as an artist. I am a moderate liberal feminist, who is very interested in social justice, art, sexuality and self-expression. If you follow this blog, I hope you find it entertaining, informative, and interesting. When it comes to my creative writing, I welcome constructive criticism.

-C


*That is the US Marine Rifle Creed, edited, obviously. My eldest brother is a US Marine, hence the reference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment